Guest Post - Mom, I am Still Smiling
31 Mayıs 2011 Salı
, Posted by buRkAy at 00:26
Guest Post
Hey, I am Dawn Zhang from Goddess Of Daylight. I am so excited and honored to do this guest post for Shah who is a brilliant writer and a great friend. So anyway, today I'll be posting up the prologue of my project I am doing along with my-so-called little sister, Zoya Singh, who is an awesome writer and poet. The book is titled 'Mom, I am Still Smiling'. The story revolves around a girl who's been abused and taunted for almost all her life. It's about how she learns to live life and create a different world for herself. The story and the characters are Indian based. So, wish us luck and thank you.Prologue“Will I never know peace of mind again?I don't believe itI can't achieve itI think it all is just another signIt never went away completely”The lyrics of Asylum ran through her head and she fiddled with her head phones. Her eyes, hollow and smeared with kohl stared blankly into the open space. Her face was suffused with mascara and her cheeks looked blown up. Two tears rolled down and she winced in pain. Her hair was completely disheveled while her fingers trembled with fear. Her Ipod was the only way she could find peace and life. There were scars over her wrist and her legs. Two skinny twigs like legs protruded out of her skirt which covered her beaten up thighs.“I know I'll never know a peaceful night againAfraid they'll hear meThey don't fear mePunishment for the immortal crimeThat debt was never paid completely”If somebody knew what it was to be abused and traumatized it was Aleeza. She had been dragged, grabbed, groped at, pulled, beaten, bitten, scratched and used. She felt hand all over her pulling her underneath. She was drowning and she wondered whether she could ever resurface again. She carried her little blade with her everywhere she went and once tried to kill. Guilty as she was she was punished. Her only hope was her imagination. She created things purely out of her mind. Mellow voices sang soft praises for her in her world, they offered her tiara’s and pastries, her prince charming came down the course of thorns to save her and people welcomed her in a red carpet.A small smile formed on her swollen face when she thought of him. She imagined herself to be sitting on her huge bed covered with linen sheets and red soft pillows. Her face looked down as she wore a beautiful blue gown. Parched papers flew around her and her hands shook with fear. That’s when a man with thick brown hair running over his face , a strong body comes to her and cups her face in his hands. His green eyes protrude through hers and their lips intertwine.She half laughed as she thought but suddenly she heard her door being banged down. Her step-mom’s voice rang through her body like an filthy abuse.“Open up Aleeza. Open the door you dirty dog,” it was harsh and strident as her step-mom spat it.
Doesn't it look promising folks? Great idea from these talented ladies.
Many thanks for the guest post Dawn.
The Weekend Creation Blog Hop continues...
Well, it should have!
Linky let me down again? Anyone else? My hop vanished? Sorry about it.
All will be week for next week no doubt. Please come back than.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, while I was away from my computer, I received a fabulous blog award from Kate Evangelista. I'm thrilled and honoured to receive it.
It's the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award.
Here's what happens now:
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.
2. Share 4 guilty pleasures that you have.
3. Pass the award along to 6 other sweet blogs.
Guilty Pleasures
1. I love Merlot!!
2. I'm a lazy so and so sometimes.
3. I love reading a little hot loving in my paranormal/fantasy.
4. I'm a sale junkie - I must purchase at least one item.
Six Sweet Blogs
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.
2. Share 4 guilty pleasures that you have.
3. Pass the award along to 6 other sweet blogs.
Guilty Pleasures
1. I love Merlot!!
2. I'm a lazy so and so sometimes.
3. I love reading a little hot loving in my paranormal/fantasy.
4. I'm a sale junkie - I must purchase at least one item.
Six Sweet Blogs
(It was so difficult to choose from my lovely blog roll)
Congratulations to the six sweet blogs receiving this award from me! As a request, give this award to six other bloggers not on this list. Actually, it would be great to give it to someone who needs exposure or who hasn't yet received an award. But of course it's up to you.
Don't return the favour by giving me the award again.
Spread the love!
Thank You Kate!!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Join me tomorrow for something ghostly and spooky -
A welcome break away from all the
Valentines hearts and romance.


Currently have 0 yorum: